Official figures show that 5.5 million viewers tuned in to watch the Doctor versus the giant pumpkin in Doctor Who “The Rings Of Akhaten” live on Saturday night.
(opens in new tab)
We’ll actually be more interested in the Audience Appreciation figure when it comes out next week. Will the general public loathe it as much as most fans seemed to if the meltdown on social networks last night was anything to go by? It was like The Voice was on an hour early and fandom refused to turn its collective chairs round for a warbling child…
• Spoiler-free preview of Doctor Who “Cold War”
• Read our review of Doctor Who “The Rings Of Akhaten”
• Watch the trailer for Doctor Who “Cold War”
• EXCLUSIVE – Matt Smith Talks New Doctor Who Series And 50th Anniversary Special!
• Doctor Who 50th Anniversary: David Tennant and Matt Smith At The Readthrough